Thursday, September 29, 2005

Drier dumped for homosexuality

Funny. I blogged this today and Steve Clemmons blogged this on the theory that Drier was replaced at the last minute because his homosexuality is too well known. Steve makes the better point.
Dreier was blocked because he has a long-term, loving relationship with someone of the same sex. This has been documented on many fronts and is widely known by members of Dreier's own caucus. If the reality of this blocked Dreier's ascension, then the news has a duty not to keep this matter hidden.

I'm pleased by Tom DeLay's fall from grace. But I'm irritated by the main stream media's complicity in hiding the bigotry that runs unchecked through a significant quarter of the Republican party.
I'm irritated too but I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to do something about it.

[via Atrios]
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home