Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Nothing intelligent about Intelligent Design

I'm joining the Greek chorus on this post. Bill Quick plucks the money quote on ID from Roger Simon today.
To be clear. I have no objection to crèches at the mall, the Ten Commandments in court rooms, "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, etc., etc. Although I support separation of church and state, I'm happy to respect everyone's beliefs and I'm not particularly scared of this country turning into a theocracy. But the science classroom is for science. Students in Dover, Pennsylvania and other rural areas are just as entitled to a real education as those in Los Angeles and New York. In fact the country needs them to have it, especially in science and math. And in the case of public education, it is not in our interest to waste precious taxpayer dollars teaching mythology in biology.
Amen. That pretty much articulates my thoughts except I may be a little more worried about theocracy than Roger is.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home