Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Chavez delivers promised oil

The White House and its allies love to trash Hugo Chavez but back in the Commonwealth of Mass, one Congressman is willing to give the President of Venezuela the respect he deserves. Rep. William D. Delahunt met with Chavez in August, to take him up on his offer and now will be delivering discounted oil to the poor shivering masses in New England.

A lot has been made of Chavez' leftist leanings, but all I know is he delivers what he promises, unlike most of our politicians. Yeah he nationalized the oil company but he passing on the benefits to those who need it the most. That's more than I can say for our privatized system. They could freeze to death for all Exxon cares.
Asked if he was subverting State Department policy toward Chávez, Delahunt said, ''I don't work for Condoleezza Rice. I don't report to the State Department. I report to the people who elected me in the state of Massachusetts. I belong to an independent branch of government."
Good for him for remembering that.

[hat tip Jules Siegel]
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home