Monday, November 14, 2005

Cheers for nursing home residents

Only the Irish would think of this.
DUBLIN, Ireland - A nursing home in Ireland has hit on a cheering way to keep up the spirits of its elderly patients -- by providing its own pub.

St Mary’s Hospital in County Monaghan, near the Irish border with Northern Ireland, believes ready access to a good pint may help its patients -- average age 85 -- actually live longer.
The thinking being that the patients still like to socialize and have a nip and it will prevent them from being "bored to death." I think they're probably right. In any event, it's a huge success with the facility reporting an increase in visitors. Good for the resident's morale, I would think.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger expatbrian said...

Hi,
I'm giving you this link because you get many more readers than I do and I think it is important. The list of Bush autrocities is no immense that it becomes confusing. This gives a nice chronological order with great links to what has happened. Hope you like it.

http://thinkprogress.org/2005/11/03/year-in-review-whats-happened-since-bushs-reelection/

3:44:00 AM  
Blogger expatbrian said...

...meant so immense, not no immense. And perhaps you can pass it along to other important bloggers.

3:46:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

A little nip sounds perfectly reasonable to me. After the FDA decided Vioxx wasn't really safe to take, I started drinking a glass of wine every night instead.

(I'm actually saving money since I used to pay for the Vioxx and still had my daily glass of wine!)

7:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home