Sunday, November 27, 2005

I believe in miracles

I believe in a universal higher power but I'm not a religious person. I think most of the Virgin Mary sightings in grease stains and potato chips and such are mostly just so much silliness over random natural phenonmenon. I mean I have a tree that looks it swallowed the Grinch. However, I like this particular miracle.

A church on the outskirts of Sacramento has a statute that appears to be crying tears of blood. Even if it can be explained as a natural occurence, the timing and the perfection of the image is moving to me and seems to be an omen.

I can think of many reasons Mary might be crying right now, from the wars to the polarized attitude of the public. Heck, by the time I get through reading the day's news, I feel like crying myself, so I can believe her tears are real. I can't remember another time when the world looked so souless.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home