Friday, December 09, 2005

The world without Ron

Thanks to all who sent their condolences on the loss of my friend, both here and privately. I appreciate the support and I'm making my peace with his spirit. Oddly, it was the blogging that split us apart more than anything. He was a stalwart Republican and an unwavering Bush supporter.

We stopped hanging around so much as the moral disintegeration of the administration's agenda became more difficult to deny. Since the blogs took up so much of my life, we had less to talk about. He liked it better when I was bitching about my screwed up love life instead of political corruption.

We drifted away from being everyday companions but we never lost touch and the connection was always still there when we managed to get together. I guess that's why it hit me so hard even though I've barely spent time with him in the last 3 years.
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Libby, its a shame that politics and religion can strain relationships. Over the years I've learned to keep the peace when I'm around certain people by keeping my mouth shut. I don't like it, but because I care for them I don't push the issue.

Your friend sounds like he was one of those people. You cared for him so you didn't push the issue. I'm sure he loved you for backing off the way you did.

1:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home