Saturday, March 11, 2006

Late look at the Oscars

I didn't blog about the Oscars because frankly I haven't been to a movie in five years and I don't watch them at home. I had them on in the background but I only watched to see what the women were wearing this year. Certainly I found the rabid right's response to them more interesting than the awards themselves. I found it rather ironic that they were complaining about the lack of political commentary at the ceremonies. I mean aren't they always bitching about how the stars have no business making political statements in their personal life?

However, of everything I read on the subject, I thought my co-blogger at the Detroit News, Mako Yamakura had the best take on the right wing's trashing of the "Hollywood Liberals." Mako is hard to pigeon hole politically. I'm not sure he's defined his ideology to himself. He tends to be more reactive than reflective but this was one of his best posts.
And maybe it's just TOO LIBERAL to share and be helpful to others. Next time you hear about a tax cut, think about all those rich n' fat Hollywood Liberals who obviously benefit, thanks to the work of the Republican Party.

Send the GOP an email, and thank them for directly helping those "Hollywood Liberals Who Are Out-of-Touch".
Good point, don't you think?
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home