Friday, March 31, 2006

Odd lots

Just for fun. A clever remake of an old verse. The House (of Congress) that Jack Built.


Prison rape is a largely unaddressed and all too often ignored problem in our penal system. Bad enough when it happens in the jails, but you would think they could protect a 12 year old while he was in the courthouse. Unfortunately, you would be wrong.

Under the heading, don't these people have something better to do, school officials in Agawam, MA punished 25 students when they discovered they had formed an $5 an entry basketball pool. I mean really, March Madness is a rite of passage for sports fans. The newspapers print the brackets and there must be thousands if not millions of office pools going on across the country.

As for the bragging rights only pool I'm in, I'm currently holding at 9th place out of 21. I won't win but I don't expect to drop much since the competion is all between the top five players. I'll still get bragging rights out of it though. For the first time in 20 years, I will have beat my old boss Jonathan Souweine at something.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home