Monday, April 17, 2006

Fifteen seconds of fame

That's about how long I figure it will take to read this post that the NYT linked to today -- with a quote. How fun is it to see my little blog right under the PowerSlimers and in the honorable company of Americablog and The Democratic Daily?

I wish I knew how to take a screenshot because it's a first and I'd like to keep it like a tear sheet. The link will rot because I'm not a subscriber and it feels kind of cool to be, however briefly, hanging around with the big guys. So please don't think me vain, because I feel pretty silly getting excited by this, but I'm just pasting and copying the code so I remember the moment.


Related Blogs



  • Power Line
    April 17, 7:21 AM

    "The New York Times accuses the Bush adminstration of being the most secretive in American history. The evidence on proffered on this point is nil. Nevertheless, I believe the Bush administration is far less secretive than the New York Times. ..."


  • The Impolitic
    April 16, 14:00 PM AM

    "That makes sense. If he identified them, they'd be disbarred and then who would validate the White House's pre-conceived notions? ..."


  • The Democratic Daily Blog
    April 16, 0:58 AM

    "The New York Times wins the battle of describing the leak. The Washington Post displayed their turn to the right in a recent editorial entitled A Good Leak. ..."


  • AMERICAblog
    April 15, 23:50 PM AM

    "...it's clear that the editorial is just as much a swipe at the Washington Post as it is the Bush adminstration. ..."




I hope the code doesn't expire without a subscription. Lot of java stuff in there. I'm saving the text just in case.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Hey, congrats. I didn't realize they linked to blogs. I'll have to remember to start scrolling down.

8:22:00 AM  
Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

You're in the big time now, baby!

9:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew but I forgot. I think they don't link blogs until the next day. I only figured it out when I checked my referrals last night.

And I don't think I hit the big time Neil. I figure this was an aberation, some mad glitch in the link harvester, hence my desire to preserve the moment.

9:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home