Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hu heckler a White House embed?

I'm sure you've heard that Chinese President Hu was heckled today during a White House press conference. Call me cynical, but when I read the cameraman's account of the incident, it screamed of a set up. I mean we keep hearing about how everything changed after 9/11 and certainly the security is so tight that no one that the White House doesn't want there, gets on to the grounds. So how is it this Chinese woman manages to slip past security, hangs around for a long time and then launches into a full scale tirade in Chinese? Very Jeff Gannon-esque in my mind.

The Secret Service shows up eventually to remove her, but not until she's had time to berate Hu. How very convenient for the Leaker in Chief. If she was a sniper they'd be dead, but instead she embarrasses a guy he's pissed at and provides the perfect foil for Mr. Leaker to launch into a speech about how free we are in America to dissent. Ironic in that if she was wearing an anti-Bush t-shirt, she wouldn't have lasted ten seconds and dissenters at his scheduled stops are herded in cages far out of hearing range.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get me wrong, Hu deserves to be berated and I'm glad to find out it wasn't a security breach but it sure makes the Jeff Gannon analogy work.

Wasn't he also allowed in on day passes and he coincidentally worked for conservative publication.

10:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know Exile. I've become very cynical in the last five years. Epoch may be a legit publication but the whole incident just felt contrived to me.

Like I said Hu deserved it but I still get uncomfortable thinking about manufactured news.

11:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home