Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Pajamas Media the new Ambien

I delinked Glenn Reynolds shortly after the pajamadeen launched their assault on the blogosphere, vowing to cow the MSM. I thought he was losing his edge then. I never check the site anymore unless someone links to it. Memorandum did today so I took a peek. It wasn't pretty. I was bored comatose.

It used to be I'd check in daily, not because I liked him -- he's been pompous and rude in our scant email exchanges -- but because he linked to interesting items I wouldn't have found myself. Sadly that's no longer the case. I scrolled through two weeks of archives as long as I was there and he had nothin'. Snooze city. The couple of links I was tempted into clicking via his customary use of cryptic descriptions, were boring. Porkbuster posts, that he seems to clinging to like a life raft have become tedious. Not that they're not doing good work but they do have their own site for the folks who can't get enough of corruption inside the beltway and there's bigger problems within our government than earmarks.

Most telling is he completely ignored Malkin's death squad. This is an issue that goes beyond mere blogger gossip into the realm of journalistic ethics. Seems to me a guy who wants to replace the MSM might want to weigh in on that. But no. There's probably a PJM rule that says thou shalt not speak ill of thy fellow pajamadeen, no matter how far over the line of basic human decency they go. Rather a pity that the PJ Media motif would become so apt because the content has become synonymous with somnolescence.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home