Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday reading list

I'm in such a weird sleeping pattern the last couple of days. I've been staying up till the wee hours and then sleeping in till noon so all my posting is late. I've been doing some cruising this morning afternoon and here's some news you can use.

Thanks to Salt Spring News for the encouragement on my net neutrality post.

Via Stone Soup here's thelatest slap in the face to the taxpayer. A new tax bill that's set to pass through the House and Senate. Read it and grind your teeth.

Via No Blood for Hubris, a little something for the climate disruption skeptics to chew on. I guess Exxon didn't get around to funding any think tanks there because China is becoming concerned about the Tibetan ice caps melting. At the rate they're going they'll lose 50% of their mass every ten years. Do the math and then figure out to squeeze water out of dust bowls.

On a lighter note, I want to move to Voidsville. For one thing Neil Shakespeare would be your neighbor. Sure beats Mr. Rogers. And if you've ever wondered what the difference between George Bush and the Planet Earth is, well Left of Center has the answer.

I can't top Blogenfreude at Agitprop when it comes to the catch of the day. Did our president really say the high point of his five years in office was catching a fish? Sadly, when you think about it, that really is his biggest accomplishment. It was a rather big fish.

The lovely Avedon at The Sideshow doesn't write full length posts often enough for me, but when she does, her analysis always slices through the bullshit with razor precision. Must read of the day is her post on the media suicide watch. She gets it just right about how the media mavens are getting it completely wrong.

I won't be bothering to post much on the upcoming profile of Dick Cheney in Vanity Fair since this post says everything worth saying about the vice-imperial's paranoia. Suffice it to say that a man who keeps a hazmat suit with him at all times and believes The Jackal is out to get him doesn't really inspire my confidence in national security.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home