Monday, June 05, 2006

Kos is cooked

This is why I quit reading Kos a long, long time ago. I won't even link to him here anymore unless some other diarist has put up something really compelling, that's not available somewhere else. I can't link to him at the Detroit News at all because he has zero credibility with middle America. You've heard of Godin's law on the blogs? In the real world, Kos's law will immediately negate any debate.

It's a shame, because at one time I thought he did have the answer. Unfortunately, he's not the first one to succumb to the temptations of power. Instead of building a political machine to take back the system, as soon as he gained some creds with the machine politicians, he built his own personal echo chamber. The sad part is he thinks he's such a winner. I don't think he realizes what a loser he's become. He's become Leftopia's LaShawn Barber with his forty three freaking rules for posting and all these banning sprees have not won any hearts and minds outside of his incestous fan club.

Worse, he's become a liar, or least delusional, if he thinks anyone outside of his ass kissing groupies believes he banned Chris Floyd on a technicality and not because Floyd was dissing the Democrats for being such wusses on Hayden's nomination.

Even more pathetic are the comments, which were at close to 200 when I just checked. Except for a few adults who addressed the substance of the diary, they were largely made by apparent pre-teens whose idea of intelligent discussion is self-absorbed snarky asides to each other about nothing. Oh and a guest appearance by the Mouth of Markos, the mighty Armando who weighs in with the astounding astute, "Chris who?" Like he didn't have time to check it out? Much too important a Koss insider for that I guess. I don't know how these guys fit their heads through a doorway.

Kos is no longer a community of activists. All too many of the people of value to the party have left in disgust over one incident or another, or an aggregation of all of them. What Kos has got right now is a glorified chat room, a kool klub for kids to play at being politirati. But what does Kos care? He's all about winning and he's making money on the raw numbers.

And I don't know what's more frightening, the Kossacks' firm belief that they are going to "save" the Democratic Party or that the DNC is buying the fiction. These kids chatting in the diaries, within their little social groups based on some bizarre pecking order, probably never make to the polls to vote. God knows, Kos has yet deliver a real win for his chosen candidates. I said it over a year ago and I've seen nothing to change my mind. If they continue to hitch their star to his wagon, the chaos that is now known as Kos, is going to destroy the Dems for good.

As far as I'm concerned, Kos is no longer part of the solution, it's part of the problem.
Bookmark and Share

10 Comments:

Blogger Richie McWhite said...

Never was a fan of Kos. Saw him on Tim Russert last night. Not impressed.

1:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Richie. I never was a fan per se, the site was too chaotic for me two years ago when he was still getting way less hits. But I used to admire him for keeping it all together and creating the community.

It's like a Frankenstein movie now. He's created a monster and he's gone mad with power....

too bad

9:57:00 AM  
Blogger thehim said...

I'm not as annoyed with Kos himself these days as I am with his readership. The Hayden nomination was a lot more complicated than anyone was aware of (read Steve Clemons at the Washington Note to see why), but it doesn't seem like anyone should've been banned over it.

The Kos community has only one goal, tearing down George Bush. While that's something that I can strongly sympathize with, it's only a small part of fixing the monumental problems we face as a country. We're not going to solve global warming just by yelling at Republicans.

I've been posting my drug war roundups there for almost a year now (I posted one at Red State before being banned for a different diary I posted there) and it's very easy to see the deterioration of any value that site has for being a real vehicle for change. It's no more than a venting chamber, where the person who screams the loudest is the winner. I'm considering referring to Kossacks as Caps Lock Commandos from now on.

3:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never was a fan of Kos. Saw him on Tim Russert last night. Not impressed.

Believing his own press, huh? I can't take KOS too much...too much goin on. Quality kiddies...quality. Not quantity.

7:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thehim, diarists like you are the only reason I still read the site at all and I don't go over there looking for the posts. I wait until someone posts a link.

My problem is definitely with Kos and Armando. They're just rude, dismissive and their egos are completely overgrown. As far as I'm concerned they're hurting progressive politics more than they help.

Yeah Kvatch. It's almost been too busy for me over there. Like shouting into the wind, although I used to spend more time there years ago when I would run people I know in the comment sections.

9:20:00 AM  
Blogger No Blood for Hubris said...

Banning, schmanning -- that's way too Bushist for me.

2:25:00 PM  
Blogger Gadfly said...

Amen to all of the, from someone who got flamed over there every time he talked up the Green Party, and who finally got banned over two diaries of mine about Armando's "outing" that got deleted.

And, speaking of that, Armando stands guilty as charged of being both a hypocrite and a corporate shill.

And, it's FAR MORE than just Wal-Mart. First, Armando is a partner, not just a staff attorney, at McConnell Valdes. So, all the company's clients are his, in a sense.

And those clients include:
1. Altria (nee Philip Morris)
2. Multiple members of Big Pharma
3. GE Capital

And that's just the worst of the lot. It's not pretty. From a progressive POV, this is almost like a GOP donor list.

PLUS, as I put in a separate post, if Armando's helped them win cases, then to the degree that gives them more money to help GOP candidates, conservative PACs, etc., isn't he then "giving aid and comfort to the enemy"?

Read more about it on my blog. In fact, to me, this raises the question of whether he was trying to protect his anonymity not for any reasons related to his blogging per se, but to hide it from his corporate clients.

NOTE: I got booted from Kos Friday after two successive diaries of mine commenting on this issue got deleted there. I’ve done several posts on my blog related to this about the cult-like attitude of many Kossacks, which must be at least passively allowed by Markos himself and his right-hand Goebbels, Armando.

Regarding the Hayden nomination, I found it laughable that Reid was calling for stricter oversight of national security issues after being one of the Senate Dems to vote for the phone-snooper-in-chief to now become the Chief Intelligence Asshole.

5:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Gadfly. Fascinating posts you got over there at your blog. I bailed so long ago, I haven't been keeping track. I'm sad to see it's even worse than I thought at Kos. It's a shame. They had so much potential.

I think the worst for the Dems is he's got them snowed with his numbers into thinking he has an ability to affect public opinion outside of the incestuous little klub. They'll be the death of the party I think.

From what I read on the right wing blogs I frequent, every politician that posts there has lost any credibility as a cross over candidate.

8:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being banned by Ko$ is getting to be pretty common. You can even get a graphic for it here:

http://alansmithee.5u.com/banned/Banned.html

10:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the graphic Jim. I'm not sure I could put one up in good conscience since I banned myself before they could get around to it. But I loved the categories.

10:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home