Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Iran's new tourism "hot-spot" ?

I don't know quite to make of this.
Iran’s nuclear sites open to foreign tourists: official TEHRAN, Oct. 4 (MNA) – President Mahmud Ahmadinejad has issued a permit for foreign tourists to visit Iran’s nuclear facilities, Vice President and Cultural Heritage and Tourism Organization (CHTO) Director Esfandiar Rahim-Mashaii said here on Wednesday.

“CHTO is considering the instructions in this regard,” the Iranian Students News Agency (ISNA) quoted Rahim-Mashaii as saying.
“This order is to show Iran's nuclear activities are peaceful and transparent,” he stated.
I'm not familiar with this site and a lot of the links don't work but it looks pretty legit to me. What do you folks think? Real, hoax or Iranian propaganda? And if it's real will it stop Bush from going ahead with his reckless plan to bomb Iran to sway the elections?

[hat tip Jules Siegel]
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't doubt it. the nuclear thing is a big source of pride in arab countries. nuclear has a different reputation in the rest of the world than it does in the US. not that I'm a big fan.

5:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I just can't imagine it as a tourist attraction. Of course, I'm no fan at all of nuclear power.

9:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home