Monday, November 27, 2006

Bits and pieces

I made it through the day with this blinding sinus headache and I'm looking at a week off but I have all these good links that I just can't expound on tonight, so I'm going to do a quick hit post so at least they're archived.

The Bush administration finally found those troublesome WMDS. They're here in the US and they're going to renege on the treaty to get rid of them.

No surprise here but it's worth keeping track of, I think. Yet another audit finds the DHS is negligently lax with their accounting procedures on contracts. They're throwing all this money around and no one knows where it's going.

David Sirotta had a good post reminding us that all this bipartisan talk is just a screen to cover the big money politics that goes on behind the scenes. He appears to have about as much hope as I do that the Democratic Party will clean up Congress -- practically none.

And I'm glad to see voter fraud is being addressing by the big name pundits. EJ Dionne had this great op-ed on voter fraud and Paul Krugman also made some good points and the the NYT weighs in with a seperate article that points out why it's important to stay focused on the issue. If we don't start agitating right now to fix these problems and keep it up until they do, we can kiss meaningful elections goodbye in 08.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger jurassicpork said...

It was also discussed recently on the NBC Nightly News.

8:52:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I don't watch TV news so thanks for the tip. Glad to hear it's breaking through to the MSM.

8:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home