Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dems out of the gate early in 08 race

I'm just getting to the news tonight because I spent the entire day in the ER. Not as the patient at least but still an exhausting experience, so short takes tonight.

I see Obama is stepping into the race. So where does that put us? Edwards is officially in. Hillary is pretty much a given. We have Vlisack, Dodd and Kucinich. So six declared and Kerry and Biden, biding their time. Crowded race already and it's so early. Personally I think the Dems have got it all wrong. I'm still liking Webb and Tester but I guess they could still emerge as consensus candidates if the rest of the lot cancel each other out.

Oddly, I'm actually the most excited about Ron Paul. He has a fabulous record on the drug war and that alone tempts me to support him. I have to check his overall voting tally before I decide, which I'm surprisingly reluctant to do. If I like it too much, for the first time in my life, I may find myself supporting a Republican for national office. That would be too weird.
Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck hagel is another good republican. He rained blows down on joe lieberman like a cage fighter this past sunday. EVERYONE was a republican for that exchange

6:29:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hagel is good and I cheered him on when he skewered Joe but he's no Ron Paul. I've liked Ron for a long time.

6:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paper ballot first!

4:58:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Good point Romunov. That's third on my list after rescinding Bush's war powers and the Patriot Act.

11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of ron paul

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53786

your man walter jones gets respect from buchanan. whatever this legistlation about iran is the dems better sign it

1:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home