Friday, March 30, 2007

Hey it's my blogiversary

Actually I missed it by a couple of days. I started this one on the 25th two years ago with this silly little post. It took me months to get it up to speed. As I said in my little intro, I had a flash of inspiration for the name and wanted to hold it but nonetheless, The Impolitic was born in this time frame.

I atually rewrote the initial post as I recall. Orginally I had dedicated this blog to Al LaRue, an old patron of mine when I was bartending at the VFW. Al was one of my favorites. Smart old guy with a great sense of humor and even though our politics were really different, we became friends of a sort. He used to say, "Libby, you and I are lot alike. We're straight shooters in a corkscrew world."

I think I decided it was too schmaltzy so I changed it to the more neutral post and besides, I wasn't sure old Al would like his name associated with a lefty blog. Since then, I've been through a lot of changes but I'm still a straight shooter in a corkscrew world, both in my drinking and my thinking.

Two years later, I'm not the biggest blog on the block but I think I really did get the highest common denominator among my readers. I continue to be amazed at the high caliber thinkers that come here to spend a few moments with me and at the many, many kindnesses the Blogtopians have shown me and cherish the friendships I've formed with my regular readers.

There's too many people to thank individually. I'm sure I'd forget someone important so I'll just say thanks so much to everyone for giving me the inspiration and the encouragement to keep me sitting at the keyboard. Without you I'd be talking to myself.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger The Xsociate said...

Here's to many more years of straightening the corkscrew of life.

Cheers,

X

5:59:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL. Thanks xsociate.

1:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations. one day we will be sort of like like tron and live in the blogosphere. until then...congratulations

2:38:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Lester.

3:45:00 PM  
Blogger . said...

Hey, Libby, congratulations!

2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Heraclitus

4:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home