Sunday, June 24, 2007

Media Bytes

By Libby

It's Sunday and I'm cleaning out the saved links for the month so I have a fruit to nuts assortment of multimedia for your viewing pleasure.

Starting with the nuts, Blue Gal bravely goes where few dare to tread and discovers What Not to Wear at Your Daughter's Bat Mitzvah. That's Pam of Atlas Shrugs by the way and apparently that's what she really wore. Words. Fail.

Moving on, even Bill Kristol couldn't muster up much of a defense for Cheney's latest assault on the constitution.

Presumably done in response to the Obama video, more GOP man-love, I've Got a Crush on Fred Thompson's -- Politics. No homoerotic subtext here. Move along folks.

Mort Kondrake is bitching about left wing bloggers, but he cusses out Rush radio at the same time. It's the closest Mort's ever come to being fair and balanced. Twenty seconds you shouldn't miss.

Now I thought this one was a riot, but it didn't raise any reaction at Newshoggers so maybe it's just my odd sense of humor. Newt Gingrich is having a contest called something like the YouTube, Back to the Future, Goose that Laid the Golden Egg contest. When he got to the prize after a long pitch talking about geese and golden eggs, I was primed to hear about the golden egg award. I was wrong. I thought the real prize was hilarious. But judge for yourself.

If you're following Fred Thompson, I ran across this series of video of Fred speaking in England in front of a bunch of important businessmen. I thought he sucked. He kept looking at his script like a guy reading for a part. Or like Bush with better diction. He didn't give the impression of someone in command of the information.

Still reaching into the nut section, for Nancy Grace fans, a magnificent catch of a podcast gone awry. Her crew commits mutinity and she is not amused. I was.

Finally getting to the unexpected fruits of websurfing, you can find out what was number one on the Billboard chart on day you were born or for any date. It's a really easy to use interactive list and more importantly, it goes way back to people even much older than me. My song was "Cry" by Johnnie Ray & the Four Lads. Never heard of them.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Jeez - the Andrews Sisters no less. Since 1945 there hasn't been one birthday tune I would bother to listen to. Maybe this is the true story of my life.

That Nancy Grace clip makes up for a dull weekend - thanks.

9:32:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I liked the way you could see all the years for one day at the same time. I kind of had the same reaction. You kind of forget that corporate music has always kind of sucked.
But the Grace clip was priceless wasn't it?

10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Yes it was. Humorless, self important and self involved is she. A bit nuts too.

11:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Fred Thomspon on C SPAN a while ago and had the same opinion. actually, monica crowley of all people sometimes i listen to her train wreck of a radio show on saturdays, noted too that people are attributing him with qualities they want but that he doesn't neccasarily have.



raimondo also brings an unfortunate skeleton out of his closet in todays column

www.antiwar.com/justin




also, mort kondrake and co are doing their best to undermine the anti illegal immigration movement on the actual (not neo) right. the wall street journal and AIPAC give them their marching orders. if it's bad for America, FOX's job is to promote it.

12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Fogg - I've only seen her for probably a sum total of 15 minutes. I checked her out when I was channel surfing once but that was long enough to learn to loathe her.

Lester - I think the more visible Freddy boy gets, the less popular he'll be. He's really not good without a script.

I think it's very interesting that the issue that is finally going to break the neo-con pundtry's hold on the loyalists is going to be immigration. It's fascinating to watch.

1:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home