Thursday, August 23, 2007

Media Bytes - God Bless America edition

By Libby

I don't think I've linked to Atrios since the blogroll purge but he unearthed the perfect media byte today so I'm dropping my ban for the greater good. I read the transcript of this recently but the voice inflections give it so much more context that you really have to watch it. This is why we call it a Friedman.

Meanwhile, I'd agree that America to the Rescue is brilliant. Jon Stewart delivers a gut punch in this piece on the historical context of our meddling in the Middle East.

And in case you somehow missed the Cheney video from 1994 that he referenced in the piece, it's at the link. I found it odd to see Cheney looking and sounding like a reasonable human rather than a snarling sociopath. Of course he wasn't the fourth branch of government then.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the daily show from iraq stuff has been great. "don't worry about us we'll hold down the fort, that's because we are literally in a frickin fort"

1:19:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Yeah, I'm a latecomer to the Daily Show. People were telling for years to watch it before I finally managed to catch an episode, but I'm a convert now.

4:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home