Sunday, October 21, 2007

Media Bytes - Long way home edition

By Libby

I'm moving slow today intrepid readers. I decided to start dealing with the 4000 links I have saved on this computer in every conceivable, and inconceivable, place and stayed up half the night getting lost in the past. So to amuse you while I think of something real to say, here's some links to while away the Sunday ennui.

In case you missed the program as I did, the PBS special Cheney's Law is available here on line. [via]

An usually serious Stephen Colbert takes on Tim Russert at Meet the Press and impossibly Russert makes himself look even stupider than usual with his lame attempt at snark.

I spent about an hour last night catching up on all the Doonesburys I've missed in the last year or so, by backing up through the archives. Amazingly, it doesn't really ruin the story line to know the ending first. I thought this strip on the GOP and the deficit was especially timely.

And then there were webcams. I collect links to live webcam sites or you may or may not have noticed on my sidebar. I discovered a file full of some I saved, so here's a few of the better ones.

Things are looking rather quiet at Christiansted Harbor in tropical St. Croix.

Of course, if you're looking at this during the daylight hours in the US, it's nightime right now in Hamburg, Germany but it's a cityscape so there's usually something going on in the square.

The same thing is true at this one in Prudnik, Poland.

The Tokyo Diner on the other hand, is busy right now so I guess it's more or less daytime there. I'm not very good with timezones.

If you prefer the US for voyeurism, this cam at The Pink Pony on the Alabama Gulf coast has a controllable view. You can get some close up shots of the beachgoers.

And finally, what happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but that doesn't mean that nobody is watching. Webcam is on 24/7 in a city that never sleeps.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home