Friday, October 19, 2007

Quick bytes - Make it stop edition

By Libby

I just can't seem to break through this funk. I've been reading for hours and posting nearly nothing. All I've managed to work up enough steam to talk about is Harry Reid. The hapless putz is trying to undercut Dodd's courageous stand on behalf of the rule of law by ignoring his hold. To his credit, Dodd intends to fight it to the end and vows to actually filibuster if necessary. Don't forget to thank Dodd for his courage.

The surge is working, for Big Oil. Price on the barrel just hit a new high in light of the turbulence in the mid-East.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OT- in the "who would vote against this" file

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul412.html

3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I have to agree that's a good proposal Lester. Especially since I've worked for tips many times in my life and understand the shaky nature of the income.

5:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't even know they were taxed now. they have a little jar at the counter and those coins get taxed? incredible. the rules and regulations really must pile all the way to the sky.

1:19:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Last time I bartended, which is about five or six years ago now, you had to declare your tips on a form every night.

3:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home