Saturday, November 17, 2007

Excess Hoggage - And the Beat Goes On edition

By Libby

Bush says our dollar policy is strong. The dollar itself, not so much if you can't use it to get into the Taj Mahal.

I probably mentioned Kos got a gig at Newsweek. They hired Rove to balance him, which makes me chuckle every time I think of it. They balance a blogger with a professional hit man. Leftopia has come a long way.

Speaking of Kos, I thought his first op-ed was quite good. Maybe he'll be able to get through to the Dems. Heaven knows they don't listen to me.

Speaking of the Dems, Reid finally did something smart. He's going to keep Senate in session over Thanksgiving to prevent recess appointments. Too bad he didn't think of that before they confirmed Mukasey but still it's applaudable.

I'm less hopeful about the new FISA bill. It managed to get through both houses so far without teleco immunity but as the world's greatest pundit once said, it ain't over till it's over. I'm not holding my breath that this will turn out well.

I'm really tired of being disappointed by Dems who deliver big talk and no action.

I didn't watch the 242nd debate, but I have a feeling this soldier's remarks to the candidates was probably the high point.

On a more disturbing note, a professional dominatrix who wrote a tell-all book describing some uncomfortable kinks in Bush's past sexual history has disappeared. I hope it's a publicity stunt but it doesn't look good. Somehow I doubt she'll get the Lacy Peterson treatment in the press.

I stole three important items from Avedon, the most important is that it appears the White House is already laying the framework for occupying Iran and Syria.

And somehow, I just can't seem to get to a followup on national health insurance over at Detroit News. I keep getting distracted. It seemed time to start pushing against the propaganda on Iran.

I will get to the health insurance eventually. The draft keeps expanding. It's likely to be a two parter.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home