Saturday, December 29, 2007

Honor roll

By Libby

I'm still recovering from human contact overload today. In the last three years I've spent the bulk of my time alone in front of a computer. It was a big adjustment at first. I went from interacting with dozens of people every day to virtual solitude, pretty much overnight. But you get used to it, so spending two and half days in a total gabfest with my sis and the family kind of wore me out. The non-stop conversation was fun, but a little overwhelming.

Anyway, I'm settling back into my little quiet routine and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Newshoggers was honored with a Monkeyfister award and we're in the company of some esteemed bloggers on that list. How clever of me to have associated with such fine blogging partners that I can ride their coattails to acclaim.

Equally thrilling, or perhaps a little more so, since I was singled out on my own for this honor, Jon Swift included me in his 2007 roundup of best blog posts. I was expecting this one, since he asked us to pick our own but nonetheless it's gratifying to see my name up there with such a stellar collection of really great bloggers, including of course, Jon Swift himself who happens to be the best satirist in the business.

I can imagine how long it took to put that one together. Recalling the one time I hosted a Carnival of the Vanities, I can tell you this was truly a Herculean effort. Thanks so much for putting this post together and including my humble little blog Jon.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Accolades are well deserved.

9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Fogg. You of course, deserve most of the credit for the current quality of this blog.

3:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home