Thursday, December 20, 2007

Psst... did you hear the one about Krugman?

By Libby

I know posting has been erratic. I've been totally tied up with family and Christmas stuff for the last couple of days and until the solstice, I'm just a mess in the evenings. I get the SAD thing every year when the light fails and I generally pretty much do nothing but sleep during this week of the year. But only one more day to go and the sun will be winning again. That always sparks me up.

Meanwhile, I'm off to see the family again for the afternoon, so I'll leave you with this amusing item. It appears there's a rumor going around that Paul Krugman's son is secretly working for Hillary Clinton's campaign. That may have presented a bit of problem for Mr. Krugman's credibility except for one small item. He doesn't have any children and his cats both assure him that they remain unemployed, preferring to laze around the house.

The really funny part is the rumor will probably stay alive as long as the internets exist. That's the trouble with the self-correcting aspect of the intertubes. It only works if people see the corrections. They often don't.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

The lack of light doesn't get to me this time of year, but my immune system invariably fails me and I end up with a bad cold by Christmas day - in spite of flu shots, green tea and extra vitamin C.

Ah, well. On the plus side, a hot toddy does wonders for a stuffy head!

Have a nice Christmas with your loved ones and stay well, Libby.

6:16:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Same to you Kathy and a peaceful and joyous New Year.

9:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if obama is pissing off krugman he must be doing something right.

9:57:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm not so sure Obama is getting it right on health care Lester.

10:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

krugman is right on the war and that's it

10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Krugman is far from perfect. We can agree on that.

10:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home