Friday, December 14, 2007

Reid about to ream us on FISA

By Libby

Links to the longer explanations are at my Newshoggers post, but this is mission critical folks so I'm just going to quote my capsule version here.

Bottom line. Reid is about to try to pull a fast one. Not only is he failing to honor Dodd's hold, he's setting up the vote on three competing bills to virtually assure that telecom immunity will be passed and he is planning to hide behind the usual mealymouthed excuse of the damned 60 vote threshold. Don't let him get away with it.

Better to call, but if you can't do that, please use his web form and let him know you won't be fooled again. I just sent a polite but blistering email myself, in addition to calling.

Time is of the essence. Tell him if he won't honor Dodd's hold, you want him to bring forward the SJC version of the bill, not the SIC one.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home