Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hold the crow

By Libby

My friend Joe Tobacco says he's a southern Democrat. I'm not sure what that means. I stopped reading him for a while because when he started getting a lot of links from Insty and Malkin and the other big fringers, his posts started sounding a little like they were playing to that choir. But he seems to have settled back into moderation again and I've been checking in more regularly. He asks if those of us who predicted that Bush would bomb Iran and who posit that the Deciderer might decide it's in the interests of national security not to vacate the office are embarrassed now? I told him I would be happy to be embarrassed but I wouldn't be dining on crow until 1-20-09, thanks all the same.

I'm looking forward to a heaping helping on that day and I'll swallow it gladly, but in the interim Avedon flagged this interesting Freudian slip at the WaPo.
That is the problem Bush faces as he prepares to deliver his seventh and probably final State of the Union address tonight.
It seems the seeds of doubt are planted in unexpected places and like the corpse lily, one never knows where or when they might bloom.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Ah, the corpse lily. Nice allusion.

1:28:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

It did seem perfect to me as well. Came in a flash of inspiration.

2:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home