Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm going to live and I am posting

By Libby

The appointment with the surgeon yesterday about did me in. Especially the fine needle aspiration. I knew I was in trouble when the doctor looked at me and said, I don't use pain med to do this... It wasn't a long process but for a minute there I thought I was going to pass out.

Long story short, I don't have cancer but I do have a benign tumor that needs to be surgically removed. Tumor - you can hardly see it but it just sounds ugly. It's not a really a big deal except the surgery could leave me with facial paralysis. A small chance but one a confirmed hypochondriac like myself shouldn't have to know about. I liked it better they didn't have to tell you all the scary stuff to prevent potential litigation.

Anyway, I'm still posting mostly at Newshoggers and you should take a look because the posts are getting better. I caught Bill Clinton flipping the bird, and check out how the Pentagon is supporting our troops -- not.

Meanwhile, it's a beautiful day but I'm way behind at Detroit News so I'm going to throw a couple of posts up there and maybe post to Last One Speaks. I think I haven't posted there in a week. But I'll be back here eventually.
Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger QueersOnTheRise said...

Libby - I know I'm a "tweaker" on the political front, as my mother likes to say, but I also have vicious hypochondriasis. My shrink tells me it's a chronic disorder for which there's is no cure, only Prozac, Klonopin and the like to "treat" it. You must be so relieved, but believe me, I KNOW how much you must have hated that. In a few years I'll be due for my first colonoscopy -- can't WAIT!!

9:29:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I come from a long line of them and I wonder if it's genetic sometimes. I kind of came to terms with it and learned to ignore the panic for the most part, but the downside of that approach is that if something is really wrong, you let it go too long.

11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Libby:
I've been out of the loop for a few days (for good reason), but I wanted to stop by and let you know that I am personally relieved to hear all this. I can't imagine how you must feel.

12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Glad you hear you're all right - but I knew you were.

12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks guys.

1:14:00 PM  
Blogger Avedon said...

You know, that same thing happened to me, once. Can't say I enjoyed the needle biopsy much, either, but it was a relief to know it wasn't cancer.

Good luck with it, hon.

8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Avedon.

9:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home