Thursday, May 29, 2008

Change for the better

By Libby

I'm sure that his critics will say it's "only words" but it's the first time I've seen any candidate even address the issue.
If elected president, Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama said one of the first things he wants to do is ensure the constitutionality of all the laws and executive orders passed while Republican President George W. Bush has been in office.

Those that don’t pass muster will be overturned, he said. [...]

“I would call my attorney general in and review every single executive order issued by George Bush and overturn those laws or executive decisions that I feel violate the constitution,” said Obama.

Other goals for his first 100 days: work out a plan to withdraw troops from Iraq; make progress on alternative energy plans and launch legislation to reform the health care system.
Sounds like a great plan to me.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I've been waiting to hear any of them say this and I think it's significant that McCain and Clinton have not.

10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Long overdue to be addressed Fogg. This is why I think Obama's the best of the lot. Maybe it will turn out to be just talk, but it's better talk than we've been getting for a very long time.

11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

Not just talk, Obama is a constitutional law scholar. I believe he means what he says.

1:08:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

And Americans will take a sports loving cowboy in preference every time. I don't think they care about ability or experience as much as about class warfare; else we wouldn't be getting billionaires successfully posing as proletarians.

4:02:00 PM  
Blogger danps said...

Libby, glad to see you posting again. I hope all is well!

5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Dan.

5:05:00 PM  
Blogger expatbrian said...

I disagree about sports loving, cowboys, Fogg. If Harrison Ford was running, American's would drop their support for Obama and Clinton and maybe even McCain in a hot second. And Ford's no cowboy.

7:54:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Hey, If Indy was running I'd vote for him too.

10:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home