Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cast the first stone

By Capt. Fogg

I'm disgusted by violence; I always have been. I'm human enough, none the less, to recognize in myself the urges we inherit from the common ancestor we share with Chimpanzees and yes, I'm quite capable of committing violent acts under the right circumstances, my antipathy notwithstanding. One of those circumstances would be to prevent violence being committed upon others and particularly upon women and children. I'm afraid I would become uncontrollable if forced to witness what Iran plans to do to a group of women for having sex or something close to it in violation of some religious code from the dark minds of the dark ages.

Despite a pledge to hold a moratorium on such crimes against nature, decency and humanity, Iran announced last week that it was going to stone 9 women and one man for adultery.
"The European Union calls on the Iranian government and parliament to abolish, in law and in practice, recourse to cruel and degrading punishment and, in particular the use of stoning, as a method of execution,"
reads a statement from France Thursday, which holds the current EU presidency. Fat chance.

In case the procedure is too vague to depict the horror of watching women and girls buried up to their shoulders be pelted with fist sized stones until they either bleed to death or as the skull fractures, the eyeballs hanging by threads from a pulped face, the brain damage becomes sufficient to cause them to stop breathing, here's a picture. Here's a glimpse into the dark heart of religious madness. Here are the people who worship a merciful God and thereby demonstrate his non-existence. Here are people I would gladly kill regardless of the personal cost.

Look into her eyes and smash her in the face with a brick - go ahead, but just don't let me get my hands around your God fearing neck.


Cross posted from Human Voices

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Horrible what people will do in the name of God. This makes me want to vomit.

2:34:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I need to point out that the picture is a simulation. I use it to force the reader to face the victim, to face the horror of such acts done in cold blood while ordinary citizens look on.

The reality of course would be so horrible, that as I said, I could kill the perpetrators. I could not be restrained from killing the perpetrators.

5:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I don't blame you, of course. I could see that this was a simulation as it is not nearly horrific enough to depict the real terror and inhumanity of stoning. But lest the reader be misled to believe that only Iran is capable of such cruelty, it is not. Man's passion for inhumanity is evidenced in many places in the world, though much of it does not get the coverage or attention that we are currently giving to Iran.

As far as religious beliefs being the justification, of course they are. Only religion can get masses of people bobbing their heads up and down like zombies when confronted with even the most ungodly of horrors.

Someone should be stoning the "holy men" who stand by and allow these things to happen.

6:24:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

The sim was bad enough. I'm glad you didn't have a real photo. I probably would have stroked out in disgust and anger myself.

6:54:00 PM  
Blogger QueersOnTheRise said...

But what about the reign of terror in France in 1789? Didn't people react similarly to the Iranians of today, but NOT in the name of God? I think the Jacobins were "early" communists, or something akin to it -- hence godless.

7:15:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Any proposed similarity would be so strained as to arouse suspicions about anyone who would make such a tendentious comparison.

We are all godless - it's just that most people are too deranged to see the fact.

11:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home