Thursday, July 24, 2008

Obama breaks downs the wall

By Libby

I'm sure all you highest denomination readers don't need my help in finding Obama's speech in Berlin today. I blogged it at Detroit News where surprisingly Henry Payne also posted an eloquent post praising Barack's performance.

The usual suspects are snipping at the corners of it, trying to desperately to find some flaws but it's difficult to deny it was knockout. Obama looked like the President already. Too bad the US Foreign Service workers were ordered to stay home and had to miss it. I wonder how many snuck off to catch some it anyway? It's a once in a lifetime chance to witness history. I know I would have.

Obama is reported to have played down expectations making clear that he is speaking as a private citizen, though he was honest about his target audience.
“There’s no doubt,” he said, “that part of what I want to communicate on both sides of the Atlantic is the enormous potential of us restoring a sense of coming together.”
Which is exactly what we need to do. It's a small planet and we're all in this together. That much should be obvious by now.

Meanwhile, the usual suspects in the wingosphere are finding the idea of diplomatic internationalism appalling, accusing Barack of wanting to be president of the world. I have to ask, as opposed to what -- Bush declaring himself emperor of it? I'll never understand wingut logic.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home