Thursday, August 21, 2008

Old fogey faceoff

My pal expat Brian has started a little contest to see who can find the best old rock and roll tunes in the dim reaches of our baby boomer memories. He's started the game here and his first challenger has stepped up to the plate.

Now I'm a little younger than these guys but I can't resist a challenge like that. I'm going to split up my entries between two blogs though. So start at a Quarter to Three.



And then check out that Wild Thing.

You can play too. Leave your links at Brian's place.


[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff, Libby. But you have left me no choice. Like the McCain campaign, it's down and dirty now...

7:25:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Um - you children don't have memories that go back far enough and Bo Didley was already complaining that the stuff he invented wasn't earning him a dime.

8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Here's my entry

http://fogghorn.blogspot.com/2008/08/birth-of-rock-roll.html

9:36:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Brian -- bring it on...

Fogg, I think you're winning. What a killer entry.

10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Marty said...

OMG! They're doing "The Jerk". That dance was so much fun.

I agree. Fog went back in time for some real rock 'n roll.

9:46:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Marty, that was the best part of the vid I think.

12:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home