Sunday, October 26, 2008

By the way, about those ads on the sidebar

Regular readers may have noticed I've installed google ads in a vain attempt to generate some income. So far I've made 55 cents. The thing about it is, I have no control over what ads appear and that McCain health ad has been there sitting there since I installed the widgets.

I would note that any ad content that might appear here doesn't necessarily reflect my own views. I am not allowed to click on the ads myself to see what they say but anything that is paid for by the McCain campaign is likely to be a lie. Just so you know.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan Duclos said...

Google adsense allows you to filter ads you do not want shown on your site.

Login to your adsense account, go to "adsense setup" then click "competitive ad filter" then just ad the URL's you want filtered out and within a couple hours, the URL's you have listed there will no longer be shown on your page.

Hope that helps!

4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks. I'm having trouble figuring out the fancy filters. It took me two hours just to get the ads on the sidebar right. I'm not much of techno in the template.

I'll check it out though.

4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Grant Haws said...

Google ads is a funny thing because you really don't make much off of them. I put mine in a few weeks ago and I have made 27 cents, so congrats on doubling what my earnings have been.

11:07:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Grant. I understand it's not exactly a moneymaker for anybody. But still I think it makes the blog look a little more official to have ads like the cool kidz do.

11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home