Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How Palin destroyed the GOP

Never in a million years did I think I would be quoting Anne Applebaum but this is worth flagging.
Here's what I do know: I would give anything to rewrite history and make McCain president in 2000. But in 2008, I don't think I can vote for him. Barack Obama is indeed the least experienced, least tested candidate in modern presidential history. But at least if he wins, I can be sure that the mobs who cry "terrorist" at the sound of Obama's name will be kept far, far away from the White House.
It seems that Palin, in energizing the deranged fundie base and finally exposing their true nature, has done what years of appealing to logic and reason has been unable to do. Palin has succeeded in making it too embarrassing to be associated with the Republican party anymore.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home