Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Shades of 2004 - Updated

Via Avedon, I had the same reaction as Susie and ZuZu to this statement McCain made recently:
“I guarantee you that two weeks from now, you will see this has been a very close race, and I believe that I'm going to win it,” McCain told interim "Meet" moderator Tom Brokaw. “We're going to do well in this campaign, my friend. We're going to win it, and it's going to be tight, and we're going to be up late.”
Considering the growing reports of touchscreen machines flipping votes and the ongoing GOP campaign to eliminate legitimate Democratic voters from the rolls at the eleventh hour, and remembering the shock of waking up on the morning after in November of 04 to find against all indications that Bush had squeaked out a "victory" by a few thousand votes in Ohio, such a confident prediction makes me wonder what McCain knows that we don't.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that in the intervening years significant evidence has emerging that proves there was widespread vote tampering in the tallies and the same sort of voter challenges we're seeing now that forced many Democrats to cast provisional ballots that were never counted.

Why the Democrats aren't addressing this now during early voting is beyond me. I've heard that the Obama campaign has an army of lawyers ready to protect the vote. So why aren't they already deployed where the problems are being reported?

Updated: Damn. McCain is doing it again, predicting an upset that will "fool the pundits." I ask again, is he merely being presumptuous or does he know the fix is in?

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Seriously, this is scaring me to death and after the last eight years, that's saying something. I can only hope that this is just typical arrogant McCain bluster, but we all know that there is literally nothing those people will stop at.
Christ, I'm going to need a month's vacation when this thing is over - if I live that long!

2:20:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I can't wait for this to be over. But one thing for sure, if they steal this time I don't think people are going to accept it so easily. Which may explain why the White House is busily gathering security forces in anticipation of mass unrest. Not to scare you more but better to be prepared...

3:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home