Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally.... (Updated)

Over. Still looking for a shot of the helicopter leaving with Bush in it. But savor this. A shadow lifts a little and a new age begins as they wheel out the Prince of Darkness. Many are remarking of the resemblence to Mr. Potter.


It's hard to believe we made it to the end without them bombing Iran. I'm so glad I was wrong about that. [photo via]

Finally found photos of Bush leaving at my own Detroit News.





I wonder if they walked him to the helicopter to make sure he would really leave. This was the moment I finally heaved that great sign of relief. He's really gone. It's really over. I still can't believe we survived it.

And I swear Justice Roberts screwed up the oath on purpose. I hear Alito refused to show up at all. Petty little bastids. TP has the video and a transcript of the inaugural address.

I'm still processing the address. It was a powerful speech. Very serious. No sense of jubliation but strong on outlining the way forward. In complete sentences. Takes longer to parse. I need to mull it over for a while.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

The only thing I could think of was Doctor Strangelove. I kept waiting for his right arm to pop up uncontrollably.

9:01:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg.

9:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was an amazing speech, but I agree it takes time to digest. I watched/read a few times and each time it was better.

This line was amazing: "To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history; but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

And isn't it just the perfect metaphor having Dick in the wheelchair? Hopefully they roll him right into solitary confinement.

10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That line really struck me as well Brian. I loved the imagery of it.

10:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home