Friday, January 23, 2009

Listing Liberals

I don't think Forbes quite understands what Liberal means when they include little Tommy Friedman and Fred Hiatt high on the list of the 25 most influential Liberals, but it's still worth a click to see who they chose and view the photos. I don't think I've ever seen one of Kevin Drum for instance. He didn't look anything at all like I imagined.

Also interesting is how many bloggers made the list. All of them are the usual suspects among the A-listers and associated with big media in some way, but still, four years ago I doubt they would have featured any bloggers. So there's that.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

Blogger shrimplate said...

There should be a list of non-influential liberals.

12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Well, maybe that way we could get a whole list of real liberals, instead of half of one.

1:22:00 PM  
Blogger Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

There is power from these blogs but for the most part, it is for the bad. I don't know about this site, mine is quite limited in scope. Gets around 150 hits a day. Probably around 40 or 50 individual visitors. But posts get around. Bad people have found blogs to be a good place to start nasty and bogus stories.

2:29:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Truth. I'm just a B-lister here. But I've always thought it's the quality of the audience, not so much the numbers. Although 100,000 a day would be cool I guess.

You're right though, it doesn't take much for ugly blog memes to get started although that's more a trick of the wingers. They tend to amplify each other more than the lefties do. We're too independent.

2:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Libby said: "We're too independent."

Speak for yourself. Some of us are just lemmings.

12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Clayton! LOL. Lemming is not a word that comes to mind when I think of you.

So nice to see you here and I had no idea you had the other blog. Love it.

Adding you to the blogroll of course.

9:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I tried the lemming route but it seems that in this neck of the woods the only direction a lemming can go is to the right.

And there's cliffs over there.

5:09:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL RC. Sounds dangerous.

8:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home