Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sad

Well I just made it official. With tears in my eyes, I formally announced my indefinite hiatus from Newshoggers. I'm just in an impossible place right now, struggling against the blackest depression and most amped up anxiety I've ever experienced. I'm feeling the need to hunker down here with you my dear friends and readers, where I feel safe. Still it makes me very sad to think this is my last post at Newshoggers for the foreseeable future.

I, of course, will still be reading their fine work and I hope you still do too. If you only read one blog, Newshoggers should be the one. Well make that two. You should also be reading my colleagues at The Reaction, where I'm still on the masthead, even though I've contributed nothing of late.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Libby, sorry to hear you're feeling down. I hope it's just seasonal. The groundhog and I promise that spring is coming soon. Thanks for the great links here and at the newshoggers.

10:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try to keep your head up, Libby. We're pulling for you!

11:47:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Cernig said...

Libby,

Our door will always be open to you. You're one of the finest bloggers and nicest people I know and it has always been a pleasure to work beside you. Newshoggers wouldn't be where it is without your efforts and we all hope your absence will not be a lengthy one.

Warmest regards,

Cernig, for Newshoggers

4:07:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Cernig. I hope it's short too.

6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

The smartest and most creative people I know struggle with depression. That's a depressing fact.

Lightening the load is fine, but don't you dare disappear.

9:12:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hanging in there Fogg. Thanks for the pep talk.

9:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep me honest!

2:27:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Chris. I'll still be hiding out here so you'll just have to search me out since I won't be so public for a while. Thanks for stopping by.

8:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home