Friday, February 13, 2009

Millbank wanks

Guilt by implication? I think David Plouffe deserves the digs Dana Millbank is taking against him for this tone deaf staging of a speech at the National Press Club, that excluded the press. It's not that I don't believe he has the right as a private citizen at a private event to bar the media, but the choice of venue is odd. He should have anticipated the bad press. Or maybe he did and figured the old maxim is true. He's promoting his book and there "ain't no such thing as bad press as long as they spell your name right."

I do however have a major quibble with Dana Millbank for identifying Plouffe as "the former Obama campaign manager" several times in the piece without once mentioning that he didn't get an appointment in the Obama administration or even on the transistion team. It sets up a subtle guilt by association in that many casual readers might not remember Plouffe is no longer associated with Obama. I know what Plouffe's motives are, but one has to wonder what motivated Millbank to do that?

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Plouffe's name is still on the endless spam I get from whatever it is that's left of the campaign. They're always tryin' to sell me stuff, or get me to do stuff.

The one meeting I went to, last summer, the organizer basically said they weren't really going to consider anything we said that contradicted or proposed changes to the platform they had presented to us. Like the preference of everybody in the room for universal single payer government health insurance, instead of semi-private kids-first, maybe-you-later something or other.

No gay marriage, no native Hawaiian rights, nothing controversial, though we all supported all that. Waste of time. DINO sh*t. Kind of a warning.

I voted for Obama anyway, but it was kinda bullsh*t, those platform meetings. I never went to any more.

So, let's go to the beach.
.

1:59:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I never had high expectations Cosa. I don't feel fooled though either because they never pretended to be progressive. I think a lot of us worked to get Obama elected simply because the alternative was so horrifying. I also think Plouffe was probably always an asshole. Just good at what he does.


In any event, the pictures are fabulous and very soothing. I assume you actually live there. You're lucky. Thanks for the link. Sure to be in a linkfest here soon.

3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Yeah.

Once again, what choice did we have but to vote Democrat? And what choice do they have but to blow us off once they're in there?

Kennedy's, much? I don't think any of the current crowd is going to risk their necks.

But it's up to us to put a stop to this sh*t. The vast majority of Americans are united on this. The RINO-DINO coalition government thing just ain't happening. It never did work, anyway. We voted progressive because that's what we need. Now make it happen or we throw you all out. We will be working on it every day.

Thank you, Libby. I thought you might enjoy the pic's. Yeah, I live in Hawaii. It's very expensive and the money is sh*t. It's beautiful, though, when you get out of the sprawl. Not much left outside of it. That's why I'm taking pictures. Evidence.
.

5:47:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think we're making progress Cosa. It is a daily struggle though. And I do love the pictures. Keep them coming please.

5:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home