Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March Madness

I know exactly zero about basketball but I love being in a March Madness pool because it gives me a reason to care who wins. I have a ultra sophisicated system for choosing my picks that's so good, rumor has it Nate Silver is trying to steal it. It combines a highly calibrated, scientific charting algorithm called eenie, meenie, miney, moe and a finely tuned distate for certain cities. Having just seen President Obama's bracket, I'm feeling pretty confident about placing well in the pool.
President Obama's NCAA Men's basketball Final Four picks, unveiled Wednesday, reveals the nation's first hoops fan picked Big East powerhouses Louisville and Pittsburgh, along with Memphis and the University of North Carolina.
I'd be willing to bet, it took him a lot longer to choose than it did to make my picks. Think you can beat me? Join us the Balloon Juice pool. It's open to anyone. You still have one day left to get in.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger danps said...

Cleveland State, baby! I've unaccountably developed a sudden, intense loathing of Wake Forest. :)

The first 2 days of March Madness are collectively the most exciting thing in American sports, and the next two are the second most. By Sunday we'll be down to 16 and there will be at least one campus with a week to go absolutely delirious with excitement, joy and anticipation over their school's improbable success. How cool is that?

9:22:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I get more engaged in the excitement when I'm in a pool. Otherwise I don't follow the sport. I also have Cleveland in the early round but North Carolina is going to take home the prize I think.

11:40:00 AM  
Blogger danps said...

Proud of.

6:06:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Heh Dan. They did good. Pushed me up to number five in the pool. Of course, I would be tied for first if it wasn't for the stupid bonus rules they have in this pool.

9:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home