Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bode!

I just found out my friend, Mark Bode, son of the legendary 60s comic artist Vaughn Bode and a brilliant artist in his own right, has a licensing contract with Puma sneakers. They just came out with a new line of Bode sneakers featuring Da Lizard to be launched in Boston on May 16 at a store called Bodega that is apparently so underground and exclusive it's hard to get an address.

I also see Mark just signed a deal for a movie with Universal, based on his Cobalt 60 graphic novel. I used to hang out with Mark and his gorgeous wife Molly a lot when we all lived in and around lovely downtown Northampton. I miss those days and I really miss them.

Meanwhile, their daughter Zara is all grown up now and carries on the family's artistic tradition through various music projects, including her band The Sweetback Sisters. If you get a chance to meet any of them, I recommend you take it. They're really cool peeps.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home