Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Teabags Revolt

Tied up all day with taxes and phone calls so sadly I missed most of the live coverage of the great teabagging of America. Caught a few moments at the beginning of the Boston rally. The protesters were lined up with their signs, just sort of standing there. I heard a passerby ask what they were doing. Her friend said, "I don't know." Then the live feed went dead. From what I've seen since, I have a feeling that pretty sums up the day.

I caught a few minutes of a somewhat deflated Glen Beck in Texas a bit later but at least the crowd loved Ted Nugent's rendition of Star Spangled Banner. It was a pretty good turnout. I'd guess around 5,000 but judging from the overall gloominess in the Strategy room at Fox HQ, I'm thinking the nationwide numbers won't reach much over 100,000. But the funniest party was in New Hampshire. These people were really pissed.

I thought Dave and Aron had the best photos, but lots more at Memeorandum. I expect Malkin will have a lot but I couldn't bring myself to click in. Meanwhile it appears the death knell has sounded for the tea party movement. Jane catches Instapundit throwing down some bad voodoo.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home