Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nashville Cats

I always think of the Grand Old Opry and country music when I think about Nashville, but apparently , it's becoming the music center of the US.
Today, it's home to over 180 recording studios, 130 music publishers, 100 live music clubs, and 80 record labels. It's turned into the Silicon Valley of the music business, combining the best institutions, the best infrastructure, and the best talent. And, like Silicon Valley's broad reach across many high-tech fields from hardware to software, biotech to green energy, Nashville has become the center for multiple musical genres from country and gospel to rock and pop, attracting top talent from across the United States and the globe.
Wow, 100 live music clubs. No wonder I keep hearing about musician friends moving there.

And speaking of music, I'm totally hooked on the Power Pop blog. It's where all the cool cats of Blogtopia go to hang out. I love the Friday listomania and the related Thursday clue, even though I haven't managed to wish the coveted no-prize yet. This week as an added bonus, we get a cut of one of the proprietor's early musical efforts, Simels song. I loved it myself. [Bonus track, Lovin Spoonful - Nashville Cats.]

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home