Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Home

Success! I have the keys to my new place. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for the transition. Only had to take a six month lease. It's got a fireplace and a lovely back yard. Two porches. Hardwood floors. Nice safe neighborhood. A block away from a huge park. Not too far from the parents. And it's cheap. Almost $250 a month less than I'm paying here.

Now if I could just magically transport my stuff there without having to do all this packing and moving. Going to be a busy for a few more days but I'll be checking in as I can.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous BJ Bjornson said...

Congrats Libby. I hear you on the moving your stuff part. I've done it often enough I wish I could avoid ever doing it again, but that's unlikely to be the case. And of course the longer you stay in any one place, the more "stuff" seems to build up.

3:19:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

The one thing I've learned over the years is not to accumulate stuff. That's the good news. And I'm getting rid half of what I own again. At this rate, next move I'll be able to do in a couple of carloads. Packing is still a drag though.

5:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home