Thursday, July 30, 2009

Life and Death

Internet friendships are an odd thing. You develop an on-line relationship with someone you've never met based almost solely on comments made on a list serv or some blog. Perhaps trade a few private emails. Yet you come to care about these people as much as any of your 3-D friends and family.

The Eschaton community lost another long time commenter this week. I didn't know Olaf Glad and Big that well but I still mourn the loss. Rest in peace. Meanwhile, in one of those moments of cosmic synchronicity, Heather left a message on my goodbye to Catalexis post from last November.
Finally found a newspapery obituary for Catalexis. I confess to being mystified as to why his family waited so long to publish one.

I miss him.
For some reason I've been thinking about Catalexis in the last couple of weeks myself, even before Olaf died. I still miss him too.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home