Monday, July 27, 2009

Men on the run

I got distracted posting on health insurance reform at DetNews so I haven't even looked at the news yet today. But here's a very funny video I just picked up. Speaks for itself.



Update: This just in:
Now, Rep. Neil Abercrombie (D-Hawaii, 'natch) is introducing a bill declaring Hawaii as President Obama's place of birth. Looks like Republicans aren't the only ones who can use resolutions to try to stick it to the other side.

Hee. The problem for the GOPers is obvious. Vote for the resolution and anger your racist birther base, or vote against it and offend many of the remaining 75% of non-insane Americans.
I'm normally against these stupid resolutions as being a waste of time, but in this case, it may help end the birther nonsense. And it's moving fast. Word has it, it's being introduced even as I post this. A roll call vote would be priceless. So there's that. [via Jay Ackroyd]

Update two: As it turns out, the resolution was to commemorate Hawaii's 50th anniversary and the birth of Obama was just a whereas clause inclusion. Nonetheless, I'm sure to your utter shock, the resolution was blocked by Michele Bachmann on the grounds there wasn't a quorum. At this point, I'm hoping they assemble a quorum and force a roll call vote to prove there is one.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Osborne said...

Well, it carried unanimously -- which means Bachmann was against it until she was for it. But I'm sure World Net Daily will say she's heroic.

3:13:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

What will the hardcore birthers say about their congresscritters voting for it, I wonder?

11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home