Sunday, July 19, 2009

The public option scam

While I believe as a pragmatic matter that a public option is the best we can hope to get out of this Congress, unlike most people I saw, I wasn't happy to see the AMA endorse the current health reform bill. I figured if the AMA likes it, then there's something very wrong with it. It appears my suspicions were well-founded. Avedon runs down a few of the bad points. Here's just a couple.
*Only 9 million people will be in public option by 2019. That's not enough to keep the insurance companies honest (if that were even possible).

* Public option does not begin until 2013. That's not "from Day One."
Read the whole list. Considering the Blue Dogs and the GOP are conveniently delaying any real action, it's not too late to change to start demanding single payer instead.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks jacksmith.

10:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home