Thursday, October 22, 2009

War and Peace

Posting is light because I'm dealing with moving again so here's yet another linkfest of short items to peruse.

The "war" between the Fox and the White House is still generating much buzz. As this Media Matters mashup illustrates, Fox started it and as always, John Cole delivers the prime snark.

Meanwhile, the GOP still has nothing to offer, so they now are occupying their time creating fake accounts on Twitter and fake websites on the internets using their Democratic opponents' names.

Barack Obama is using Twitter for better purposes. They held a tweetathon yesterday asking people to call their Congresslizards in support of health care reform. The final tally: 315,023 calls placed or pledged. Watch Obama's online address.

Mark Knoller flags an underreported event where Obama honored some Vietnam Vets.

You probably heard about the racist JP in Louisiana that refuses to conduct interracial marriages, but I didn't see this quote played much and it's worth preserving in the archives.
"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the AP on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."
Well doesn't that just make it all better? Gah.

Moving on to more cheering news, Congratulations to Octopus at The Swashzone for some much deserved recognition.

And congrats also to Dan at Pruning Shears on a new arrival. What a sweetie.

ESB_lights continues to thrill me with pix. I had no idea they light up the building in different colors every night in honor of some event. Last night she was smoking in red and I love this daylight shot from somebody's fancy terrace.

ESB also sends me to nycphotos with a gorgeous sunset from the Random House 20th floor. I really miss NYC sometimes. I should have visited more often while I was in easy traveling range.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home