Saturday, October 24, 2009

You Oughta Be in Pictures

Dozed off earlier and now I'm awake too late. Expect I'll be sleeping in, once I get back to sleep, so here's the early bird special. I'm ready to stop talking about Fox but Rachel did do a great segment on them tonight.




By the way, that whole story about Fox being shut out of interviewing the pay czar was a lie.

Meanwhile, the White House released a new official Obama family photo taken by Annie Leibovitz. I like it.

I didn't watch this yet, but I've heard that Michelle Obama rocked the house with her speech on health reform.

And Sweet Jesus Flying. This is why I got out of ballooning. For some reason, it became overrun with fundies. [via racymind]

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Authentic? Sure, if Jesus was Danish instead of a Middle Eastern Jew. More proof that we invent Gods in our own likeness and fill them full of our own hot air.

Reverent? Reverent? a gasbag Jesus dressed as a noble of the empire that killed him as a representation of compassion and love come to destroy the world and kill the Jews as described by a 4th century mental patient?

You know that's insane enough to make even me say JESUS!

10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. That balloon really got me going too. It is quite a metaphor for the fundie zealotry isn't it?

11:38:00 AM  
Blogger rockync said...

A floating monument to their collective insanity!

12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I had to post about the balloon - I gave you credit of course. There's nothing funnier in the world than that these people don't see it as funny.

12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm glad you picked it up Fogg. It deserved the kind of eloquent scorn only you can deliver.

3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

FOX has perfected a business model that panders to right wingers Libby. I saw how it worked in my own hometown. I had a blog that got real good, at least I thought real good, traffic. Some weeks it would get 3 to 4,000 hits. The right wing, hate and rumor mongering blogs got twice that many.

The extreme right is incredibly loyal to FOX and will refuse to watch anything else. In a way, FOX making money on their closed mindedness is ironic justice. A poor, backward thinking fool with a crummy job and no health insurance believes universal health care is evil because a network with high paid propaganda spreaders that have great health insurance told him so.

6:35:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

The loyalty of Fox fans is astounding Truth. I even got a email at my personal account, which isn't that hard to find but still requires some effort, demanding I furnish proof because of the posts I did at DetNews.

9:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home