Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Moving Right Along

I'm down to the wire on the moving thing and it's unclear whether my internet connection will be interrupted during the transfer, so posting is likely to be light for a few days. So let me leave a few links I've been collecting that are still worth reading.

Today's media fail courtesy of CNN. You've heard the RNC's media consultant quit suddenly and it seems regular CNN contributor Alex Castellanos will be taking over the slot. CNN doesn't see any reason that this should preclude him from continuing to be an on-air political analyst. Bad enough he's already a shill for corporate interests, but apparently CNN sees no conflict as long as the RNC doesn't pay him in cash. This is why I didn't bother to get my cable turned on here.

McJoan at the GOS had a great post on the Senate health care reform bill vote. Read it, but the shorter is: Call the Conservadems bluff. Let's see if they're really willing to vote against a decent reform bill.

Speaking of reform, the DNC has a great fact check list, 39 Liars. Archive this one for future reference. And a good interactive map from HHS Sebelius on what health insurance reform will do in your state.

The White House site has a new blogger. New media guru Dan Pfeiffer looks like he's going to be a natural for this gig.

Support for pot legalization grows. Via one of my favorite tweeps, Andrew.

And for fun, I don't know what this tilt shift thing is all about, but they used it in this ad and it's pretty cool.

Guess my invite to this party got lost in the mail, but it looks like they were having fun at the Motown reunion.

And this house on the right is truly the best Christmas lights display ever.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

You're making me ever so thankful, I don't subscribe to the CNN portion of my cable.

Happy turkey.

9:15:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Happy day to you too Ruth. I'm toying with the idea of getting some kind of basic cable in the new place but not feeling very motivated when I read about the BS that has polluted every station.

9:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home