Thursday, February 25, 2010

Health Care Summit - Updated 2X

The bipartisan health insurance reform summit has started and will be going on until around 4:00. You can watch it streaming live at various blogs, the White House website and CSPAN. I'm hearing Sunlight Foundation is streaming live and every time a speaker begins, they're showing their major donors on the screen.

I'm not going to last much longer myself. The GOPers are raising my blood pressure with the same old rhetoric. They're looking like idiots and they're clearly unprepared to discuss specifics. For what it's worth I think Obama is doing well in smacking the GOPers down and he's hasn't even warmed up yet.

Update: I ended up watching most of it. It was the usual kind of blowhard gathering of politicos, but Obama's summation was great. Sadly, after 7+ hours, it can easily be summed up in short: Democrats - It's a good bill. GOPers - Kill the bill and start over. Obama - Pass the damn bill.

Update Two: KosTV has a good highlight clip and of course much more is archived at WhiteHouse.gov.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home